Friday, March 02, 2007

The London Advertising Directory

Despite the fact that I'm in the UK I seem to spend most of my time focusing on international marketing - particularly with the US - so it makes a nice change to be able to write about a new online resource I found that's also based in the UK.

I just discovered www.LondonAdvertisingDirectory.com yesterday but then it's only been online since 5th February 2007 so for once I'm not that far behind everyone else. This website, as the name suggests, is a directory of businesses in advertising and related industries based in the City of London. There are more than 50 categories available including Direct Marketing, Promotional Materials, CD/DVD Services, Animation Agencies, Search Engine Marketing, Pay Per Click Advertising, Web Hosting and Web Design. Lots of useful contacts for those of us making our living online and if you're based in the UK anyway it's just so much easier (and saves on international phone calls!) if you're dealing with another UK business.

The London Advertising Directory already contains more than 1000 links and is a nicely laid out site, easy to navigate and each category is clearly labelled and appropriately organised. I found what I was looking for very quickly using the site search box. You also have the ability to rate the advertised sites and add comments so if you've used a site that's advertised you can recommend it (or not as the case may be). I suspect within the next few weeks the London Advertising Directory will get much busier so this will prove to be a useful feature to have for reference.

If you want to advertise on the London Advertising Directory there is a link for advertisers at the bottom of the screen which takes you to a contact form. Alternatively there is also a "Suggest Link" tab along the top of the screen where you can submit your own link. Although there are plenty to choose from, if you can't find a suitable category there is also a "Suggest Category" tab that you can use. Remember it's an advertising directory so your website will have to be relevant to that subject. Anyway I've bookmarked it for future use - I can't advertise on it as I don't provide any of the relevant services but if it saves me time trawling through the search engine listings then that's fine by me!

No comments: